A CLI tool for getting started with the MEVN stack. It offers a super simple boilerplate template and additional utilities for building a MEVN stack based webapp. It takes away the hassle of setting up the local development environment which may become a nightmare especially for beginners who are just starting out.
- git is a version control system for tracking changes in computer files and coordinating work on those files among multiple people. It is primarily used for source code management in software development.
npm install -g mevn-cli
mevn init <appname>
Mevn-CLI offers the following set of commands:-
| ||To bootstrap a MEVN stack based boilerplate template of choice|
| ||To launch Client/Server parts as required|
| ||To add additional packages as required|
| ||To generate component, model, route, controller, and DB config files|
| ||Lazy load components as required|
| ||To run the client and server in separate docker containers|
| ||To deploy the app to Heroku|
| ||Prints debugging information about the local environment|
| - .github | -config.yml | - bin | - mevn.js | - docs | - .vuepress | - public | - images | - hero.png | - mevn-logo.jpg | - config.js | - guide | - README.md | - README.md | - src | - commands | - basic | - codesplit.js | - component.js | - docker.js | - routes.js | - generate.js | - init.js | - package.js | - deploy | - herokuDeploy.js | - serve | - launch.js | - setup.js | - external | - banner.js | - templates | - controllers | - user_controller.js | - models | - user_schema.js | - routes | - FacebookRoutes.js | - GoogleRoutes.js | - TwitterRoutes.js | - index.js | - index_with_passport.js | - index_with_social_media_auth.js | - vuex | - store.js | - utils | - createFile.js | - defer.js | - fileOverwritePrompt.js | - messages.js | - projectConfig.js | - spinner.js | - validate.js | - test | - main_test.js | - .gitignore | - .babelrc | - .eslintrc | - .travis.yml | - CHANGELOG.MD | - CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md | - LICENSE.md | - README.md | - package-lock.json | - package.json
- This tool provides an easy way to build a web app by providing a super simple boilerplate project and a reliable boilerplate pwa to build upon.
- Its written in ES6 syntax, which is a developer-friendly syntax that keeps the code simpler and smaller.
- The whole project is done in modules(thanks to ES6 syntax) which enhances user readability and much more compact code.
Mevn-CLIwill automate the files and generate the codes necessary to start and run a server, API etc
Before contributing to this repository, please first discuss the change you wish to make via issue, or any other method with the owners of this repository before making a change.
How do I contribute?
- Ensure you have no "dummy" files left, if you do simply add them to the bottom of the
- Fork and clone our repository.
- Make your life-changing changes.
- Commit and push your changes.
- Make a detailed pull request.
Why should I contribute?
Contributing helps people and makes the world simply a better place, without contributors this project would cease to exist.
What if I cannot code or do not like it?
You can always write documentation, most repositories lack in it.
What is next?
Nothing! You are done and ready to get coding!
Versioning And Help
| ||Check CLI version|
| ||Get help and check usage|